Travelling with kids can be an adventure full of excitement and challenges. However, with proper preparation and the right gear, you can ensure a hassle-free journey. In this guide, we will explore the Best Suitcases for Children, essential items to pack when travelling with kids, tips to keep them entertained during flights and our top recommendations for Travelling with little ones. Additionally, we'll introduce you to Disney Suitcases and Sammies by Samsonite Suitcases – perfect companions for your young travellers.
Our Favourite Suitcases for Children
Having the appropriate luggage is crucial when embarking on a trip with children. Here are two favourite choices choices.
These suitcases themed after our beloved Disney characters not only add an extra level of excitement to your child's travel experience but are also sturdy and practical. They are ideal for older children. With a wide array of Disney characters to choose from, your child can journey alongside their favourite animated friends. Don’t tell anyone but our grown-up team are particularly partial to these too!
Happy Sammies Suitcases
Samsonite are an internationally renowned brand, known for its high quality and durable luggage. The Happy Sammies line offers suitcases specifically designed with younger children in mind. These Lightweight Suitcases are easy to handle and come in playful designs that will capture your child's imagination. These suitcases are designed for much younger children.
When preparing for a trip with children, it's important to plan ahead.
Here's a checklist of essential items to consider.
- Clothing: Remember to pack extra clothes in case of spills or accidents. Also, make sure to include weather appropriate attire and swimwear if you'll be visiting a destination with a pool or beach.
- Snacks: Kids can get hungry at any time, so it's always a good idea to have a variety of snacks on hand to keep them satisfied during the journey.
- Medications: If your child has any medical conditions or allergies, don't forget to bring their medications and necessary documentation.
- Entertainment: To keep your child entertained during downtime, consider bringing along a tablet, books, colouring books, and their favourite toys.
- Travel Documents: Remember to bring passports, visas and any other necessary travel documents for your child. It's also wise to have copies in case of loss.
- First Aid Kit: Pack a basic first aid kit that includes essentials like plasters, antiseptic wipes and any prescription medications your child may require.
How to Keep Children Occupied During Flights
Long flights can be challenging when travelling with children. Here are some creative ideas to help keep them occupied.
- Interactive Games: Download child friendly apps and games onto a tablet or smartphone. There are plenty of options available that can keep kids engaged and entertained for hours.
- During the flight, many airlines provide in-flight entertainment systems that offer kid friendly movies and TV shows. Make sure to bring child sized headphones so they can comfortably enjoy these options.
- Snack time on the plane is not only important for nourishment but also a fun way to pass the time. Let your child pick out their snacks before the flight to add an element of excitement.
- Engage in storytelling during the journey. Share stories, create new ones together or bring along some favourite books to read aloud.
- To keep children occupied during long flights, colouring books, activity books and puzzle books can be a lifesaver. Don't forget to include a set of coloured pencils or washable markers.
Tips for Travelling with Children by ages:
Travelling with Babies and Younger Toddlers:
- When travelling with infants and toddlers (0-2 years), make sure to pack a nappy bag with all the essentials like nappies, wipes, bottles and formula or breast milk.
- Bring their favourite comfort items such as stuffed animals or blankets to provide a sense of familiarity in new environments.
- During the trip, you can try playing peek a boo, singing along to songs or telling gentle stories to keep the little ones entertained.
Travelling with preschoolers (ages 3-5):
- Bringing colouring books and crayons can be a great way for them to unleash their creativity. It's also a good idea to have small toys or puzzles that are suitable for their age to keep them engaged.
- Encourage them to look out of the window and point out interesting things they see along the way.
Travelling with For early school age children (Ages 6-9):
- Consider packing travel sized board games or card games that the whole family can enjoy together.
- Audiobooks related to their interests can also make the journey educational and enjoyable for them.
- Involving them in age-appropriate travel journals where they can draw and write about their experiences would be a great way for them to document their trip.
Travelling with preteens and teenagers (10+ years):
- They can take on more responsibility by managing their own backpacks filled with entertainment options like books, e-readers or tablets.
- It would also be beneficial to involve them in planning aspects of the trip such as choosing activities or researching about the destination.
- Encouraging them to keep a travel diary or start a blog where they can reflect on their experiences might be something they'll enjoy.
Remember that flexibility is crucial when travelling with children of different ages. Get ready to adjust your approach to entertainment based on the unique needs and preferences of each individual, ensuring that everyone has a delightful and unforgettable journey.
Our Best Tips for Travelling with Kids
Plan in Advance: Start planning your trip well ahead of time. Consider your child's daily routine, nap times and food choices when booking flights and accommodations.
Pack Smart: While it may be tempting to bring everything along, packing light can make your journey much smoother. Stick to the essentials and prioritize items that will keep your child comfortable and entertained.
Choose Healthy Snacks: Opt for nutritious snacks to maintain stable energy levels and avoid sugary treats that might lead to sudden energy spikes followed by crashes.
Stay Calm: Children have a knack for sensing their parents stress levels. Stay calm yourself and be ready to adapt your plans as necessary to accommodate your child's needs.
Safety Comes First: Ensure the safety of your child by implementing childproofing measures in accommodations and during transportation. Keep a close eye on them in unfamiliar surroundings.
Involve Them: Engage your child in the travel experience by explaining where you're headed and what activities you'll be doing there. This can build anticipation and excitement.
Travelling with children can be an enriching experience if you plan ahead with the right mindset. To ensure that your family has a memorable and delightful travel experience, it's important to select suitable suitcases for your children, pack smartly, keep them entertained during flights and follow our expert tips. The Disney Suitcases and Disney Suitcases not only add a touch of magic but also offer practicality to your child's travel gear, making them well prepared for any adventure that lies ahead. Wishing you enjoyable travels!